About Evolution Road
Evolution Road is a Digital Innovation Consultancy founded in 2000. Our Vision is to be the life science industry’s most valued digital innovation thought-leaders and our clients’ most objective and trusted strategic advisors. Our Mission is to solve critical commercial challenges through digital innovation so our clients can act with confidence and deliver significantly increased business results in a way that improves health outcomes. We focus on strategic and tactical planning, research, content strategy, analysis, and on-going management of digital initiatives to drive brand business.
What You’ll Do
At Evolution Road, delivering impact is Job #1. Our clients come to ER with their toughest marketing problems and expect realistic recommendations rooted in strategic thinking and thoughtful analysis. It’s your job to make this real for our clients.
Engagement Managers (EMs) serve a very senior role reserved for industry leaders with deep skills and experience delivering digital innovation services to pharma marketing teams. For our clients and in our market, they build our reputation as thought leaders and ensure the work we do delivers tremendous value and impact. Within for our business, they lead client relationships, develop revenue, manage company finances, and develop high–performing teams.
EM’s own our largest client relationships across a group of large–scale clients. They lead teams of Associate Principals (AP’s) who in turn manage the consultants responsible for a portfolio of client projects. EM’s responsibilities include:
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Clients: setting and executing the strategic visions for a group of large–scale clients; aligning, leveraging and maximizing value of our services to the client’s needs and to ER’s market vision, typically 40% of time.
- Plan and execute client account and stakeholder engagement plans with your teams, contributing thought leadership to current in-line and net new clients
- Ensure maximum leverage of existing IP on engagements and the development of new IP on high value engagements, capturing and sharing learnings
- Ensure the highest levels of client satisfaction with their experience of ER, meeting not only what clients want but also what they need
- Identify and manage risks and issues, proactively escalating as needed
- Ensure portfolio of engagements meet current year goals and are positioned to meet longer term
- Team: Develop your team’s capabilities and capacity to fully support the needs of the business, typically 30% of time.
- Work with the Practice Leader to develop and implement top-down staffing plans for the practice, including recruiting, deploying, and developing your teams
- Coach team members to increase bench strength balancing demand slightly ahead of capacity to deliver the strategic mix of services
- Model behaviors consistent with ER’s culture and core values
- Create, lead, and collaborate on cross-firm initiatives to enhance our culture, transform our business, and deliver our market vision
- Company: lead strategic progress of our market vision, business transformation and financial performance, typically 30% of time.
- Lead your teams to ensure the appropriate mix of services to advance clients along our Market Vision continuum
- Advance our market reputation as thought leaders through creation and delivery of high value content (such as market insights, POV’s, whitepapers,etc.) for social media and industry events
- Collaborate with the Practice Lead to execute business development plans to identify, qualify, propose, and convert opportunities
- Manage business controls including forecasting, resourcing and prioritization of billable and non-billable time to build the innovation capabilities and IP offerings which align with strategic initiatives
Experience: Track record showing leadership & performance
- Bachelor’s degree: advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- 15+ years of work experience in life sciences marketing strategy in an agency, brand, corporate or consulting capacity, with 10yrs+ in-depth experience in digital strategy
- Demonstrated ability to deal with innovation and ambiguity and experience leading clients through the innovation journey to delivering results
- Distinctive record of professional leadership and outstanding performance track record
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and manage balanced consulting engagement portfolios of $4MM-6MM across multiple clients
- Track record of meeting financial, client satisfaction goals
- Strong proficiency at managing people and situational leadership
Skills: Analytical, problem-solver with executive-facing communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, gain the trust of clients and colleagues, especially senior personnel
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Excellent communication skills: processing & presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Expert in Marketing Strategy with a focus on digital innovation strategy for life sciences, including identification of high priority targets, business value drivers, and KPIs
Culture & Personality: Focused on results
- Personal alignment and passion for objective recommendations aligned with client interests and delivering impactful strategy & results
- Mature, values-driven leader and mentor
- Executive demeanor and comfort functioning at senior levels of client organizations
- Clear, rational thinker capable of thoughtful critique and making clear, reasoned judgments
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure and deliver highest quality on tight deadlines
- Collaborative approach with outstanding listening skills and conflict management skills
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment for talented people who are focused on delivering results, managing client relationships, and providing expert marketing strategy consulting services.
Evolution Road is an equal opportunity employer, and we offer highly competitive benefits and compensation packages to qualified candidates.