About Evolution Road
Evolution Road is a Digital Innovation Consultancy founded in 2000. Our Vision is to be the life science industry’s most valued digital innovation thought-leaders and our clients’ most objective and trusted strategic advisors. Our Mission is to solve critical commercial challenges through digital innovation so our clients can act with confidence and deliver significantly increased business results in a way that improves health outcomes. We focus on strategic and tactical planning, research, content strategy, analysis, and on-going management of digital initiatives to drive brand business.
We are seeking someone to join our team as a Practice Leader. This role will report directly to the President, serve as a member of our Management Committee and be the co-leader of our Consulting Practice, responsible for approximately half of our clients and engagements. In addition, they will be responsible for adding value and making a difference by working “on” the business providing leadership and management skills to influence and execute our vision, mission, strategy and culture.
This person will increase our overall knowledge of the marketplace and support the delivery of Digital Innovation strategies, tactical planning and program execution across multiple clients. Additionally, this person will lead our consulting teams to ensure a working knowledge of the key external trends and dynamics impacting the life science industry.
A highly qualified candidate will be a seasoned leader with 15 – 20+ years of relevant experience in or supporting life science commercial teams in a brand, corporate, consulting or digital agency capacity with notable experience in digital marketing, digital innovation and digital health strategy at senior levels.
- Raise client satisfaction and grow our client relationships aligning, leveraging and maximizing the value of our services to clients needs, moving them along ER’s market vision continuum
- Set the strategy for the practice to achieve its goals while also acting as guardian of our long term mission
- Be a trusted advisor to counsel our clients and your team on their digital strategy ensuring a balanced portfolio of clients and engagements; and that our work delivers exceptional business results for our clients and works toward the improvement of health outcomes for their patients
- Build and expand very senior relationships primarily within our current client base, and secondarily across the industry
- Lead your practice to clearly communicate our long term market vision demonstrating and building references for how it is unique in delivering business impact
- Lead business development initiatives to create long term value, including increased revenue, growth, and profitability from strategic relationships with clients and partners in our chosen markets
- Proactively discuss emerging issues with current and new clients, influencing and responding toexisting and novel needs and wants
- Advance our market reputation as thought leaders through creation and delivery of high value content (such as market insights, POV’s, whitepapers,etc.) for social media and industry events
- Research our market and competitors, and analyze wins as well as losses to improve conversion rates and inform sales and marketing efforts to develop profitable growth
- Collaborate with the Capability Practice to execute business development plans to identify, qualify, propose, and convert opportunities
- Add to ER’s consulting team capabilities and capacity to fully support the current and emerging needs of the business, our people and our clients
- Manage engagements to build skills through experience, with extensive coaching to convert those engagements into useable knowledge and skill
- Provide developmental opportunities for your managers to build the capabilities needed at the levels required to fulfill your succession plans
- Balance your personal billability with maximum drive for delegation continually seeking opportunities to reduce delivery costs with no loss of quality
- In collaboration with the management committee set the priorities for billable and non-billable time across your practice to build our knowledge library while delivering exceptional client experiences
- Provide leadership to our people and sound governance of the company through Management Committee (MC) responsibilities
- Clearly articulate, model and enforce standards of behavior consistent with our culture and core values
- Navigate the firm to accomplish the mission, seen by staff to provide clear direction, implementation at pace, and trustworthy decision making
- Develop and execute practice plans to meet financial goals and link to other drivers of performance like billing, IP, resource management, and marketing/sales activity, using best practice to guide timely decisions
- Manage business controls including forecasting, resourcing and prioritization of billable and non-billable time to deliver our strategy
Experience: Track record showing leadership & performance
- Bachelor’s degree: advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- 15 – 20+ years of work experience in life sciences marketing strategy in a brand, corporate, consulting or digital agency capacity with notable depth of experience in digital strategy
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and experience leading clients through the innovation journey to delivering results
- Distinctive record of professional leadership and outstanding performance track record
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and manage portfolios of $5-15MM
- Track record of delivering outstanding results against client business goals
- Track record of meeting revenue and margin contribution goals
- Track record of developing and managing teams
Skills: Analytical, problem-solver with executive-facing communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, gain the trust of clients and colleagues
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Excellent communication skills: processing & presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Expert in Marketing Strategy with a focus on digital innovation strategy for life sciences, including identification of high priority targets, business value drivers, and KPIs
Culture & Attributes: Focused on results
- Personal alignment and passion for objective recommendations aligned with client interests and delivering impactful strategy & results
- Mature, values-driven leader and mentor
- Executive demeanor and comfort functioning at senior levels of client organizations
- Clear, rational thinker capable of thoughtful critique and making clear, reasoned judgments
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure and deliver highest quality on tight deadlines
- Collaborative approach with outstanding listening skills and conflict management skills
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment for talented people who are focused on delivering results, managing client relationships, and providing expert marketing strategy consulting services.
Evolution Road is an equal opportunity employer, and we offer highly competitive benefits and compensation packages to qualified candidates.